ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
IMPORTANT NOTICE: THE REGISTERED USER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR COMPLIANCE WITH THIS ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY, WHETHER THE REGISTERED USER’S ACCOUNT IS BEING USED BY THE REGISTERED USER OR BY ANY THIRD PARTY.
The Registered User agrees that the Registered User shall not use or permit the Registered User’s account to be used:
* for any purpose other than for the personal use of the Registered User or the personal use of any of the Registered User’s family members;
* for any commercial purpose, including, without limitation, using the Services to transmit any unsolicited commercial or unsolicited bulk e-mail;
* to publish, transmit or permit the transmission of any material in violation of any applicable law or that otherwise may give rise to any civil liability;
* to publish, transmit or permit the transmission of any material, which in the sole discretion of ACADEMICPLANET, is or may be harmful, abusive, threatening, harassing, defamatory, racially or ethnically objectionable, offensive, obscene, indecent, sexually explicit, or that encourages criminal activity or violates the rights of any third party;
* to deceive or mislead others regarding the identity of the Registered User (not including the use of nicknames);
* to access, or attempt to access, the accounts of any third party without that third party’s permission or to penetrate, or attempt to penetrate, the security measures of any other computer, network, electronic communications system or telecommunications system;
* to collect, or attempt to collect, personal information about any third party except with such third party’s express consent and in compliance with all applicable laws;
* for any activity that impairs or degrades the operation of ACADEMICPLANET’s System or the performance of the ACADEMICPLANET Services or that impairs or degrades the ability of third parties to access the Internet;
* to engage in any activity that attempts to or causes damage to any other computers or software or causes the loss or corruption of, or damage to, any third party data;
* that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any third party, including, without limitation, the unauthorized copying of copyrighted material, the digitization and distribution of photographs from magazines, books, or other copyrighted sources, or the unauthorized transmittal of copyrighted software;
* to attempt to circumvent any provision of this Acceptable Use Policy.
All times are GMT. User agrees to remain signed into the network only when actually making use of same. User authorizes us to enforce these restrictions by appropriate software and network measures, automated and manual. Under no circumstances shall we be liable or responsible for any long distance charges resulting from the use of our service. Under no circumstances shall we be liable for any charges whatsoever resulting from the use of our service. User agrees to notify us if User moves or otherwise changes his or her mailing address or phone number, and to provide your truthful name, postal address and telephone number the User supplies to us. In the event that any portion of this Agreement is held to be unenforceable, the unenforceable portion shall be construed in accordance with applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties and the remainder of the provisions shall remain in full force and effect. Our failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provisions of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. Neither the course of conduct between parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any provision of this Agreement. All correspondence and contents of that correspondence between Us and You, be it by newsletter, phone, email or any other method, is considered private and confidential and may not be disclosed by You to any third party for any reason whatsoever. We may modify this Agreement from time to time by updating this page on our website, and User's continued use of the Service shall be deemed to be User's acceptance of any such modification. It is User's responsibility to check this online area regularly to determine whether this Agreement has been modified. If User does not agree to any modification of this Agreement, User must immediately stop using the Service and cancel Service. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas without regard to its conflict of law provisions. Any cause of action User may have with respect to the Service must be commenced within one year after the claim or cause of action arises or such claim or cause of action is barred. We shall not be liable or deemed to be in default for any delay or failure in performance under this Agreement or interruption of service resulting directly or indirectly from acts of God, civil or military authority, acts of public enemy, war, riots, civil disturbances, insurrections, accidents, dire, explosions, earthquakes, floods, the elements, strikes, labor disputes, shortages of suitable parts, materials, labor or transportation or any cause beyond our reasonable control. Venue for litigation of any dispute, controversy, or claim arising out of, in connection with, or in relation to this Agreement, or the breach thereof, naming us as the defendant, shall be proper only in a venue determined solely by us. In any action between us and User to enforce any of the terms of this Agreement, We shall be entitled to recover expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between User and us with respect to the Service.
ACADEMICPLANET may change the terms of the Acceptable Use Policy at any time and from time to time in its sole discretion by posting the changed Acceptable Use Policy on the Website.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this Acceptable Use Policy, or to report a violation of the Acceptable Use Policy, please notify ACADEMICPLANET by calling Member Support at 281-675-7300 or by sending an e-mail message to email@example.com.